etbox! Not seeing a widget? (More info)
Happy Scrapping Everyone! Happy Scrapping Everyone! Happy Scrapping Everyone!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Christmas Layout



I've been trying to do a Christmas Layout for Kristie's Scrapbook for ages - but couldn't get it together. It was actually done once & then I "scrapped" it because I wasn't pleased. Then I got the idea to make what would resemble the boughs from a Christmas Tree and make my photos look like the ornaments. I wanted to use a couple of non-traditional Christmas colors because I had a ribbon I wanted to use. That didn't pan out either ......grrrr......
Then on Monday I received a package from an order placed online & it included some foil paper from American Crafts. It turned out that was what I needed to get my butt in gear!
Not sure where I got the striped background paper I used. I cut an entire 12 x 12 sheet of deep green card stock into very thin strips. A lot of glue (thank God for the Zig Pen) to attach them together in bundles and then onto the paper. I then embossed the foil papers with my newly purchased Cuttlebug using the D'vine Swirls Folder. Don't know where I got the little Christmas Bulb Die Cut Outs (I think they were part of an Ebay purchase). I used a small amount of Twinkles, by DecoArt(similar to Stickles)on some of the individual strips. The bling is Christmas Gem Florish by Oriental Trading Company, the word "Christmas", I think, was purchased at Dollarama or A Buck or Two.
Overall I'm pleased - it only took about 2 years to come together!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Kim! Like how you pulled the boughs together. You're going to love your Cuttlebug!

    ReplyDelete