etbox! Not seeing a widget? (More info)
Happy Scrapping Everyone! Happy Scrapping Everyone! Happy Scrapping Everyone!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mojo Monday


So a lot of my fellow scrapbookers are taking part in the weekly Mojo Monday Challenges. I've been feeling under the weather for the past week or two and had done absolutely no scrapbooking - so I thought I'd try my hand at this weeks challenge. For some reason I feel very restricted by sketches and kits. Eventhough choosing the paper you want to use can be frustrating for me it's a part of the creative process that I really enjoy. When I see examples of how coordinated papers, embellishments, etc. can be used I have trouble imagining them being used in any other way and then I don't feel like it's "ME". Likewise the sketches provided as part of the challenges seem to be confining for me, but after about 2 hrs. I did come up with one card which I wasn't ashamed of. HS did remark however that "it's not your best work" (look who's being a critic, LOL). So this was the best I could do and so I didn't bother entering it - but I will try again!! Perhaps overcoming the restrictive feeling is my challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I should say that the color in the picture isn't entirely accurate as the photo was taken in the evening with poor lighting. The card stock used are Carnation and Feldspar by Martha Stewart. Likewise the Oval Tags are by Martha Stewart. I did emboss the Feldspar Card Stock with the Blossoms Texture Plate by Fiskars but it's not very evident in the photo.

    ReplyDelete